This Policy sets out how information provided by users of the website www.safetonetfoundation.org is protected and used by The SAFETONET FOUNDATION, the owner and operator of the website.
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details and information about your access to our website.
In particular, the following is disclosed:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our Site;
- Where we obtain the data from and we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights and how we comply with the data protection rules.
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with UK and EU data protection laws.
- The website www.safetonetfoundation.org is owned and operated by the SAFETONET FOUNDATION (the “Site”), a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company No.; 10917404, Charities Commission registered charity number 1179486, and offices at 8 Kean Street, London, WC2B 4AS, (“SAFETONET FOUNDATION”, “we”, “us” and “our”). The Site provides online safeguarding and advisory services. The SAFETONET FOUNDATION is the data controller in respect of your data.
- Any transmission of information to the Site is at the risk of the person doing so. Although the SAFETONET FOUNDATION shall endeavour to protect information provided by Users and collected on behalf of Users, we cannot guarantee that the information supplied and collected will be completely protected against unauthorised access.
- Collection of Information
In order to apply for a SAFETONET FOUNDATION grant, a person may be required to provide certain information including but not limited to information which may be used to identify that person and or their dependents and family members such as names, and email addresses as well as financial information, applications and mobile devices used. Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, booking reference number, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when create an account with us, use our website, or when you contact us. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
a. Name, e-mail address, telephone number, and payment details;
b. Information about your use of our website;
c. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
We will process any such data only if it is necessary to be able to provide you with our service or if you have given your explicit consent.
- In addition to the above, certain information is automatically transferred to the Site when the Site is used or visited. This may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, cookies and other connection information including but not limited to:
- All of the collected information as set out above is necessary for the purpose of delivering and optimising the SAFETONET FOUNDATION site.
- Usage and Disclosure of Information
- All information collected is used to improve and maintain the SAFETONET FOUNDATION Site. We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for. We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Sending you notifications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of;
- Providing updates and recommendations; and
- Using automatic information (such as IP addresses, information stored on cookies and any other information which can be used to determine how the Site is being used) to maintain and improve the Site and notifying Users of any changes to the Site. Automatically generated information is used to develop statistics and aggregate information about the number of people who visit the Site. This information is then used to customise the content and layout of the Site.
- Information is always used in a manner which the SAFETONET FOUNDATION believes is necessary to protect the integrity of the Site and
- Without prejudice to the forgoing or the remainder of this document, the SAFETONET FOUNDATION in the event of a transfer of ownership of the Site, reserves the right to transfer any information it holds if so required as part of the transfer of ownership.
- Using financial information (“Financial Information”) to process funding requests and detect and prevent fraud;
- The SAFETONET FOUNDATION reserves the right to disclose any information, including personal data or information otherwise relating to you, as it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Data Storage and Removal
We follow strict security procedures in the storage of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage:
We have taken reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, organisational, and physical security and risk management measures in accordance with applicable laws to ensure your Personal Information is adequately protected against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, or access, use, and all other unlawful forms of processing of your Personal Information in our possession.
In the event of termination for any reason, Personal Information will be removed within 90 days of termination, with the exception of backups (saved only for backup or for any unforeseen circumstances). However, we may retain such Personal Information to cover any legal responsibilities that may arise from our relationship with you. Access to such data will be blocked in accordance with applicable laws unless such event arises.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. The retention period depends on the amount and the nature of the data and We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely remove it. We aim to minimise the personal data that we hold and use, and will anonymise your personal data in every case possible, so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
- Security and Confidentiality
The SAFETONET FOUNDATION has installed secure-server software which encrypts all Personal Information and Financial Information including credit and debit card numbers (if we collect such information). This is done using Secure Socket Layer certificates. As a result, if you provide the SAFETONET FOUNDATION with any personal or financial details, no information will be passed unencrypted.
- Your Obligation to Personal Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that any disclosure by you to the SAFETONET FOUNDATION of Personal Information of your users or third parties is in compliance with applicable privacy and data security laws, including informing users and third parties that you are providing their Personal Information to the SAFETONET FOUNDATION, informing them of how it will be transferred, used, or processed, and gathering appropriate consents and other legal measures required for such transfer, use, or processing.
- Your Rights
Subject to applicable laws, you have certain rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to information:
- You can request information on what personal data we hold you and why it is being processed
- Right to access:
- This is commonly known as Subject Access Request and enables you to request a copy of your personal and its processing
- Right to rectification:
- Ask for modification or completion of your personal data
- Right to object:
- You can object the processing of your personal data. This may lead to termination of the SAFETONET FOUNDATION Service.
- You can withdraw previously given consent for the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for that, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- Right to be forgotten (right to erasure)
- You can ask for deletion of your data (this generally applies to situations where a contract has ended)
- This right depends on the retention schedule and period as wells as on (country-specific) legal obligations
- Right to data portability:
- You can request a transfer of your personal data to a third party in an electronically usable (machine-readable) format
- Right to restrict processing:
- You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data
If you want to exercise any of these rights, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a request by post to
We do not charge a fee if you exercise one of the above rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure you are eligible to receive the requested information. This is an additional security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Cookies are small files that are issued from a website to your computer or any other device that you may use to access the website. They hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. These files contain information about how that computer or mobile device is being used. You can find more information about cookies here:
When you visit the Site and may use “cookie” technology to make that experience simple, personalised and enjoyable. The SAFETONET FOUNDATION can obtain useful information on how to improve the Site. The SAFETONET FOUNDATION will use some cookies that only last the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site again and will last longer.
- You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
This policy is subject to change. The SAFETONET FOUNDATION expects the majority of such changes to be minor, but there may be changes that are more significant. In the event there is a major change to our privacy practices, we will email you to describe such changes and post prominent notice on the SAFETONET FOUNDATION Site. If the change involves the use of your personal data, the notice will contain instructions on how you can opt-out of such use. If you continue to use the SAFETONET FOUNDATION Site after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices.